Friday 1 March 2013

I Start Uni this Month: My Nursey Supplies

Hi there!

So...it's now March, the month that my course begins. How very exciting...and nerve racking/terrifying! :O This aside, it's been an age since I posted so thought I'd do a lil post about the items I've collected for uni. Collecting things has helped to prevent me being so impatient...hence the volume of things I have, some more unnecessary than others, ha! Some were gifts, some are things I've had for a while and some are little treats that I insisted on purchasing. Have a gander if you wish :)




So here's a little list of what I've got and where to get them:


  • Various post-it notes - Asda - £1
  • NU notebook with dividers, lined, plain, squared paper and index cards - Asda - £3
  • Hole punch - Asda - £2
  • File of index cards - Asda - £1 
  • Small notebook for placement notes - Asda - £0.50
  • Folder - Staples - £4
  • Mini stapler with 1000 staples - Asda - £2
  • Memory pen - Mam - £Free :)
  • Planner (with photo) - personal-planner.co.uk - approx £20
  • Box of various bull clips, paper clips, etc. - Staples - £2 (bargain sale!)
  • Cork board pins - Wilkinsons - £1
  • Love pencil case - Wilkinsons - £2 with highlighters inside (£1 for 10)
  • ID badge holder - goodiesfornurses.co.uk - £?? (Gift)
  • Tourniquet - goodiesfornurses.co.uk - £?? (Gift)
  • Injection pens - goodiesfornurses.co.uk - £?? (Gift)
  • Scissors - goodiesfornurses.co.uk - £?? (Gift)
  • Bristol Stool Chart Air Freshener - goodiesfornurses.co.uk - £?? (Gift)
  • Tetley's Tea bags - Gift :)
  • Casio Calculator - Stationary Box (had since I started Secondary school and still works - excellent stuff!)
  • Bic Coloured pencils - (Also had for a long time)
  • The Student Nurse Handbook - Bethann Siviter
  • Bailliere's Nurse's Dictionary
  • The Human Body - DK
  • Palgrave's Cite Them Right
  • The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures (Student Edition)
  • The Illustrated Atlas of the Human Body - Beverly McMillan
  • Nursing Calculations
  • Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology text book and work book
  • Littmann Stethoscope Classic II S.E. in ocean blue - £?? - Gift

Still to get/things I want:
  • Comfy/ugly nursey shoes
  • Fob watch
  • Pocket organiser
  • Tote bag for books
  • Clinical pocket reference guides
  • Hand sanitiser and clip
  • Blood pressure cuff
  • Micropore tape
  • Dictaphone 
  • BNF Drugs guide

The books I've mentioned can be found in most good book shops, either online or in store. I purchased all  of mine when they were on offer and bought some second hand to avoid paying too much. I think I may be going a little bit mad with all of this...but I don't care. It's all a very exciting journey and I like being prepared for it. I'm slightly nervous about relearning about the body etc. so went a little crazy with A&P books. I should be a genius by the time I've made my way through this lot!


2 comments:

  1. Wow- that's some organizing you've got there! I turned up to uni on my first day with a pen and a bit of paper! ;) Hope you enjoy the start of your course, good luck, its a bumpy, but I'm sure worthwhile, ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Indeed. I got a little too carried away I think but had a lot of things left over from previous studies. Thank you very much for your well wishes. I hope everything is going well for you also :)

    ReplyDelete