Tuesday 26 March 2013

Staying Balanced & Healthy, both Physically & Emotionally





It is so  important to maintain who you are whilst doing something very stressful so that you can retain some balance in your life. In fact one of the biggest pieces of advice I've been given for starting this course is to try my best to make time for myself and the things I enjoy. The way I intend to do this throughout my time at university is to keep up my hobbies and make damn sure I do. I always tend to get lost in what I'm doing but this time I've promised myself that it'll be different. My current front runner hobbies are playing with make-up, reading books and exercising regularly. Perhaps a touch of meeting friends and consuming a lil bit of my old mate Rosรจ wine and Bournville choccy :) I WILL keep this up, I will! (Perhaps just the wine and choc :0p)










I'll keep you posted on my success levels :0/

2 comments:

  1. Your advice will definitely stick with me when I start nursing school! I love crafting and exercise as well. I'm going to make sure I continue to do those things, even in the most stressful times.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love to craft too but generally around Christmas or birthdays as it can get quite expensive. I love to make scrap books :) You should definitely keep up your hobbies but I'm not going to lie, it gets quite difficult. At the moment we are being overloaded with information so by the time I'm finished at university, done some follow-up reading, sorted out the seminar tasks they ask for, studied for my assignment, helped with my family and sat down, I'm exhausted. But I have managed to keep up with some of my hobbies (mainly the chocolate consumption, ha!). It's definitely about finding the right balance, which I'm still perfecting and probably will be for quite some time. When do you start nursing school? :)

    ReplyDelete